Antique Crutches

Antique Crutches
We have upgraded the crutches only by attaching pathetically uncomfortable padding to the armpit section and the hand section. We have come a long way, haven't we?

Friday, March 26, 2010

Help Is On The Way


When my mom left to return to Ontario, 10 days after I had fallen and broken my ankle, I wasn't sure how I would cope. I couldn't drive. I was very wobbly using my crutches and I was still suffering from a lot of pain. Many people had offered to help and I am so thankful that they were willing to help! Over the past few weeks, I've had friends drop in for a visit. I've had friends vacuum, do my laundry, pick up my groceries and wash my bathroom without me even asking! I've had numerous friends drop off delicious food and yummy Tim Horton's Ice Caps, which are my favourite.

I've had people praying for me and people comforting me over the phone when I've had sad and frustrating times. Friends have taken me shopping, out to the movies and out for a meal. Friends have picked me up and have helped me run many errands. Friends have welcomed me into their homes for their family Sunday meals.
It is amazing how people can just gather around someone in need and I am truly thankful that the Lord has blessed me with these wonderful and generous people.
Thank you lovely friends for everything you have done for me during this very trying time!

No comments:

Post a Comment