Antique Crutches

Antique Crutches
We have upgraded the crutches only by attaching pathetically uncomfortable padding to the armpit section and the hand section. We have come a long way, haven't we?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How To Videos

I thought I'd have some fun and make some videos about how I get around in my house! Enjoy!
video
video
video
video
The interesting part with climbing up and down the stairs either using my knee or my bottom occurs when I attempt to carry items up and down the stairs! I do try to use bags and backpacks but sometimes it is just easier to put the items on the steps and when I go up one step, the item also comes up one step. This gets tricky with things like drinks and food items but so far only one minor accident has occured with my yogurt.
I do get quite frustrated when I'm trying to bring things into my craft room. With my mom's help and another friends' help, I have my craft items all within reach but it becomes tricky when I'm trying to carry scrapbooks into the room, or when I have to make several trips to bring my laptop in the room, then retrieve some movies, then bring a drink in. It takes patience and time (which I have a lot of).
It is amazing how much time it takes to get organized either on the couch, in bed, or in my craft room.
I have learned patience, perseverance and motivation over this past month and I hope to carry on these traits when I return to the "real world".
If you want to learn anything about how a disabled person lives, even for a moment, go ahead and break your leg! Just joking of course, but I do have more empathy for those who are trying to maneuver through the grocery store while on crutches or in a wheelchair and not having one person ask them if they would like some help getting the cereal box on the top of the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment