Antique Crutches

Antique Crutches
We have upgraded the crutches only by attaching pathetically uncomfortable padding to the armpit section and the hand section. We have come a long way, haven't we?

Friday, July 16, 2010

Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!

Since getting out of my fiberglass cast and my air cast I have been a free woman. Gone are the crutches and the wheelchair. I can now walk up and down stairs although walking down stairs is tricky-it seems super awkward for some reason. I have gone through my physiotherapy and now I just have to 1. reduce the swelling in my foot/leg with compression stockings, ice and elevation and 2. walk, walk and more walking needs to be done!
It was such freedom to be able to drive too. After the fifth session of physio, I was given permission to drive. What an awesome feeling! I missed driving tremendously!
I have returned to work. Originally, I returned to work only working 4 hours with minimal standing/ walking but starting this past week, I returned to work full time hours but with minimal standing /walking. Probably by the end of July I will be working full time and with a patient assignment (which means 8 hours of walking/standing). I'm looking forward to the day when I can walk for 8 hours at work and not be sore.
This ends my blog. Thank you for joining me as I travelled through my healing process! Thank you to all those who brought me treats, helped me run errands, come visit me, for taking me to the Dr's and to physiotherapy, for entertaining me and for supporting me through a sometimes very difficult and frustrating time.
I hope you have enjoyed the blog because I enjoyed making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment